So, we’re officially half-way through the year. But I refuse to panic (which is what I would normally do.) Instead, I’m gonna celebrate.
In reading terms I am having a great year. I’ve already beaten by goodreads goal (I’ve read 65 books), reread my favourite series (Harry Potter), found a new favourite series (The Neapolitan Novels (although they haven’t overtaken HP)), fallen in love with classics and I’ve actually finished three non-fictions.
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
The Princess Bride by William Goldman, which was also my first read of the year.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2017.
The Story of A New Name by Elena Ferrante. The entire Neapolitan series is amazing.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
The Inexplicable Logic of my Life by Benjamin Alire Saenze.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
I am very excited about the booktube/author collaboration Because You Love To Hate Me.
5. Biggest disappointment.
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.
6. Biggest surprise.
Definitely was not expecting to love the Neapolitan series as much as I did.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Definitely Elena Ferrante. Her writing and the way she captures human emotions is just astounding and I’ll most probably read the rest of her books in the next few months.
8. Newest fictional crush.
I reread Pride and Prejudice this year and it made me realise I completely miss-judged Darcy. Love him now.
9. Newest favourite character.
Probably Lila from the Neapolitan novels. She’s such a complex character and I loved reading about her.
10. Book that made you cry.
History Is All You Left Me was unexpectedly emotional.
11. Book that made you happy.
I read all of Jane Austen’s novels this year and they all made me really happy.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
I haven’t seen any. Although I did love Fantastic Beasts.
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year.
I’ve been loving reviewing this year. I think my favourite would have to be my Neapolitan series review. That was a series I was looking forward to reviewing while reading it.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
I haven’t read it yet because I literally just bought it but Around the World In 80 days.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
To be honest I don’t really have any plans. I’m just gonna read whatever I want to.
I tag anyone that wants to do this 😛
Thanks for reading