Would you believe I have never done a Harry Potter Tag. Well, today is the perfect day to finally remedy that because today is the celebration of Harry Potter’s 20th Anniversary.
This one was created by Isabeau’s Literary Musings.
Also, tonight to celebrate Harry Potter 20, I’m taking part in Harry Potter Cosy Reading Night. Here’s my blog post if you want more info to take part.
1. Favourite book?
I love all of them. But, I think Deathly Hallows might be my favourite. Even though it’s so painful to read, it really is the perfect conclusion where everything just comes together.
2. Least favourite book?
Ugh this is so hard. But I think I have to say Chamber of Secrets. But I still love it.
3. Favourite movie?
It’s always been Order of the Phoenix although they do miss out a lot of the book.
4 Least favourite movie?
Okay I have to mention two here. Prisoner of Azkaban always feels like the out of place one for me. Probably because the director took it on such a different direction to the others. But I still love it.
In terms of book to movie adaptation I would have to ay Half Blood Prince. They spent too much time trying to make funny moments in a time and world that wasn’t very fun. Plus, they ruined Ginny’s character.
5 Favourite quote?
“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic.” – Philosophers Stone.
6. Favourite Weasley?
Book Ginny. She’s bad-ass and doesn’t put up with Harry’s rages.
7. Favourite female character?
Hermione. She solved the mystery before the professors even when she was petrified. Can’t get more bad-ass than that.
8. Favourite villain?
I suppose Snape. I’m not one of his admirers but he does end up helping Harry win the war.
9. Favourite male character?
Thinking about it a lot of the male characters are/can be pretty shitty. This is actually quite hard. Mmmm. Can I say Newt Scamander?
10. Favourite professor?
Definitely Mcgonagal. She is bad-ass.
WOULD YOU RATHER
11. A, Wash Snape’s hair, or B, spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself.
B. I’d just spend the day making sarcastic remarks back. 🙂
12. A, duel an elated Bellatrix, or B, an angry Molly
Oh, shit. A. I wouldn’t like to hurt Molly.
13. Travel to Hogwarts via A. Hogwarts Express or B. flying car.
A. seems lot more relaxing. I think Ron and Harry quickly regretted their idea.
14. A, Kiss Voldemort. Or B, give Umbridge a bubble bath.
I don’t wanna answer this. You’re gonna judge me either way. But, I suppose, B? (It actually pained me to write that.)
15. A, ride a hippogriff, B, ride a firebolt
I don’t like the idea of flying but, A.
BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION
16. Is there a character which you felt differently about in the movies vs books?
Ginny. They just reduced her to Harry’s love interest in the movie and they didn’t even bother to give her a personality.
17. Is there a movie you preferred instead of the book?
18. Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
Lol fuck this question.
19. Your top thing (person or event) which wasn’t included in the movie that annoyed you most.
SPEW. Such an important moment for Hermione’s character and so much meaning behind it. But I also get why it wasn’t in the movie. Also, Teddy.
20. If you could remake any of the Potter movies, which would it be?
Oh, man. I don’t think I could touch any of them. Maybe the first two and bring to effects up to date. Or the 5th and make it more faithful to the book.
21. Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of?
22. Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottemore (or another online sorting quiz)?
Hufflepuff. My gut feeling was right.
23. Which class would be your favourite?
I think charms although I love the idea of ancient runes.
24. Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn?
Accio. I’d never leave my bed.
25. Which character do you think at Hogwarts you’d instantly become best friends with?
I genuinely think me and Hermione would be friends. I hate seeing people bullied and alone and in the first one I can just imagine her being so lonely.
26. If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be?
Invisibilty Cloak. I feel like that’s the smartest option and I’d never have to interact with humans ever again.
27. Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change? This can be a character, an event, anything.
Sirius. I hate that he died and will never accept it.
28. Favourite marauder?
Sirius. That may just be because of Gary Oldman.
29. If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be?
I know I said I can’t accept Sirius being dead. But, I hate it so much when Remus and Tonks die after having Teddy. So, them.
30. Hallows or horcruxes?
I mean, I don’t wanna kill anyone to get them and horcruxes kinda mess you up. So, Hallows.
So that is the Ultimate HP Tag. I won’t tag anyone because I don’t know who hasn’t done this and likes HP.
Happy 20 years of Harry Potter!
Thanks for reading