I said last week in my ‘Rating Books’ post that I have become very opinionated. So today I thought I would put that to the test by doing the Unpopular Opinions tag, created by The Book Archer. Enjoy!
1. A Popular Book Or Series That You Didn’t Like.
So technically I didn’t finish this series, I hated it so much I barely made it through the second book. But Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I didn’t like the writing and I actually haven’t been able to get through anything else Scott Westerfeld’s wrote since.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Confession time, I don’t really read books I hear a lot of bad things about. But I really enjoyed A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler and since reading it I have seen so many negative reviews and it’s got a surprisingly low rating on goodreads.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I’m still not happy about who Lia ended up with in The Remnant Chronicles by Mary. E. Pearson. I won’t spoil you, but it annoys me.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
I haven’t read a lot of magical realism books. I think the only one I’ve read is The Night Circus and to be honest I didn’t really enjoy that aspect of it. Maybe it’s just not my thing?
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights. I mean, I’m not entirely sure if he’s liked but I was expecting him to be similar to Mr Darcy and he isn’t. He’s an arse. A huge arse with a bad temper.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Jane Austen. I wasn’t a huge fan of P&P and I hate Emma and Mansfield Park seems boring. Sense and Sensibility is my last hope of linking her.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing.
17 year old’s being involved in love triangles. I can’t find one guy interested in me but you’re telling me she has three? Nah.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Captive Prince by C.S Pacot, it sounds completely not my thing.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The Hunger Games movies are brilliant and I very nearly prefer them more than the book, but I would say I have an equal amount of love for them.
Thanks for reading