Today is the day I look back on what I read in 2016 and whether I managed to complete any of the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year. I’ve already shared my Top 10 favourite books but if you missed it you can check that out here.
Number of Book I Read: 80
Genre’s and Ratings: I was actually a little obsessed with tracking my reading this year so here are some pie charts.
Books That Disappointed me: The Sky Is Everywhere, Wolf by Wolf and The Cursed Child (I know, I know.)
Books I DNFed: I actually DNFed quite a few books this year. I just decided to stop wasting time on books I wasn’t enjoying. I DNFed three non-fiction books. My Life On the Road by Gloria Steinam, Geisha of Gion by Mineko Iwasaki and So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson. I also DNFed three fiction. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, The Casual Vacancy by J.K.Rowling and One Day by David Nicholls.
Shortest Read: I read a couple of Sherlock Holmes short stories this year. They’re normally about 10 pages.
Longest Read: The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson.
Best 2016 Debut/Release: I didn’t actually read that many new releases this year. But Autumn by Ali Smith was amazing.
Reading Challenges Recap:
- Goodreads Challenge: Completed! I actually read 50 books more than my goal.
- Read 10 classics: Completed!
- Read at least 3 non-fiction books: I just completed this. Like literally finished a non-fiction the last day of the year to bring my total to three. Not the biggest non-fiction reader.
- Finish at least 5 series: Nope, not quite. But I think 2017 will be the year for completing series.
- Read 4 books that have over 500 pages: I actually read quite a lot of books over 500 pages. Definitely more than 4.
- Finish the Lord of the Rings: Urmmm. Okay, so, I did try. I read the first two and started the last one but honestly I loved the movies so much I just wanted to watch the movie so much I couldn’t really concentrate.
- Read a book set in space: Nope. I tried. But nope. I’m just not really interested in reading a book set in space.
- Read at least one book that won a major book award: For this I read All The Light We Cannot See which won the Pulitzer Prize.
- Read the majority of books I bought in 2013/2014 yet still haven’t read: I believe I only have six left. The Chaos Walking Trilogy, The Subtle Knife and two Dan Brown books. All are getting read in 2017 for sure.
- Start and finish a book in 1 day: I actually did this quite a lot during readathons.
Blogging Goals Recap
- Review more of the books I read, maybe even all of them: I feel like I started off the year really well. I was reviewing virtually all the books I was reading. Then I just stopped. I’ll try harder this year.
- Post at least once a week: I’m actually really happy with the amount of content I put up this year.
- Try to be more creative with my posts and step out of my comfort zone: To be honest I just don’t know what is my comfort zone is. I enjoy what I blog and for me that’s enough. Let me know if there’s any posts you’d like to see more from me.
- Improve on my reviewing: I’m really proud of the reviews I put up this year. I feel like I really got my opinions across the best I could.
Did you complete all of your 2016 reading goals?
Thanks for reading