I love Gilmore Girls and with the revival that has just been released (which I haven’t watched yet but Team Jess!) the hype about it is at an all time high. I actually first watched earlier this year and I binge watched all five series in like 2 months. I couldn’t stop. So I thought it’s probably about time I do a book tag about it.
This tag was created by Pink Lemonade Reads and although there are a heck of a lot of Gilmore Girls book tags out there (the book community clearly has good taste in TV shows) this one had my favourite questions.
1.”I Just Got Hit By A Deer!” – A Character Having The Worst Day.
This is a tough one because let’s be honest none of the characters I read about ever have particularly good days. I’m going to say Paige from The Bone Season. There’s really nothing worse than being captured in the comfort of your own home.
2. Stars Hollow – A Wildly Eccentric Cast.
Definitely the characters from Matilda. In amongst these exaggerated looneys is just normal book loving Matilda but then she turns out to be not so normal herself.
3. Coffee – A Book You’re Addicted To
Right now I’m obsessed with Lord of the Rings and I haven’t even read the last book yet and I’m so excited.
4. “Someone Devil Egged My Car?!” – Great Act of Revenge.
I mean, I’m not saying I condone what she did or think she’s any less crazy but can anything top what Amy did to Nick in Gone Girl?
5. Mr Medina – An Illicit Affair
The romance in Noughts and Crosses.
6. Kim’s Antiques – A World You’d Be Afraid To Enter
I mean, none of the worlds I read about are particularly pleasant. There’s always some sort of evil force killing people left, right and centre. I do of course love the idea of going to Hogwarts but being a Hobbit and living in Hobbiton also sounds very appealing.
7. Harvard Vs. Yale – A Character Who Needs To Make a Life Changing Decision
Jane Eyre, her tough decision actually comes half way through the book so I won’t say what it is but it made me really proud of her and showed the strength her character had.
8. Luke’s Diner – A Comfort Read
I reread The Secret Garden earlier this year and I felt so nostalgic while reading it because it’s a story I’ve known all my life. I can’t help but feel comforted while reading it.
9. “Am I Crying Or Laughing?” – A Book That Messed With Your Emotions
All the Light We Cannot See is both heart-warming and heart-wrenching.
10. Emily – The HBC (Head Bitch In Charge)
Vin from Final Empire is bad ass. Those men would be stuffed without Vin there to save their hinees.
11. Lorelai and Rory – Favourite Family Dynamic
The Weasleys all the way. They’re such a realistic big family with all the big family problems yet in the end they all find they’re way home and have enough love in their hearts to let Harry in as well.
12. “I Pushed Him In The Lake” – A Book You’d Throw In The Lake
Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith. That ending man.
13. 1000 Yellow Daisies – Favourite Romance
The romance in A Thousand Splendid Suns between Laila and Tariq is beautiful and just a little bitter-sweet.
14. Jess – An Unpopular Opinion
Sarah J Maas made a poor decision in adding new character POVs into the TOG books and I really hate that the Court of Thorns and Roses series is going to be more than three books.
15. First Snow – Snowy or Holiday Read
The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey is such a beautiful story. Perfect for this time of year.
16. Hep Alien – Book Centred Around Music
I don’t know if I’ve ever read a book centred around music but there are a lot of music references in Perks of Being a Wallflower and the movie soundtrack to that is my favourite.
17. He’d Better Have a Motorcycle – Your Book Crush
Peter Mallark. Always.
18. “It’s Repetitive,” “And Redundant” – A Book That Could Have Been Shorter
The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson. I still loved it, but how many times to we need to hear about how much more regal Elend is becoming. Like, jeeze we get it.
19. Kirk – The Weirdest Book You’ve Ever Read
Definitely Alice in Wonderland. I mean, I’ve had some weird dreams but definitely none as wacky as Alice’s. Still loved it though.
20. “It’s A Life Style,” “It’s A Religion” – That One Book That Means More To You Than Any Other.
I just feel like no book will ever top the Harry Potter books. But some other books I’m grateful for are Peter Pan, Secret Garden, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Twilight (don’t judge) and The Hunger Games.
So that is the Gilmore Girls Book Tag.
Thanks for reading