Autumn has finally arrived in the UK. The leaves have turned, the air is crisp and fresh and there are pumpkins everywhere. So, I think it’s about time to do the Autumn Reading Tag which was created by booktuber Amy Jane Smith.
1) Are there any books you plan on reading over the Autumn season?
I have already made a lot of progress with my tbr but I still have to read Mansfield Park and The Miniaturist, hopefully I’ll get to them in November.
2) September brings back to school memories: what book did you most enjoy studying? And what were your favourite and least favourite school subjects?
My least favourite subject in school was science. I had the worst teacher and I was forced to take triple science with her, meaning I had a science lesson everyday, except for one day, when I had it twice in one day. Eugh.
My favourite book to study was Handmaids Tale in A level literature but I also loved Shadow Forest by Matt Haig which was a group read in Primary School for the Nestle Smarties Book Awards because it was such a fun book to read.
3) October means Halloween: do you enjoy scary books and films? If so what are some of your favourites?
I have never enjoyed scary films. But there are some ghosty/witchy childhood classics that I can tolerate like Halloween Town, Hocus Pocus and The Haunted Mansion. I’ve also recently watched Corpse Bride which is a great non-scary Halloween film.
4) With November it’s time for bonfire night & firework displays. What’s the most exciting book you’ve read that really kept you gripped?
Recently I finally got to Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and loved it. It’s so tense and dramatic and I loved it so much. If you haven’t read it, you should give it a go.
5) What book is your favourite cosy comfort read?
Harry Potter. Always Harry Potter. Nothing makes me feel more comforted than Harry Potter.
6) Curled up with a good book, what is your hot drink of choice?
I like a good old cuppa rosie lee, tea (that’s some cockney rhyming slang for all you non-brits.) Specifically typhoo with 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of sugar and just a splash of milk. Mmm.
7) Any plans you’re looking forward to over the next few months?
I have a lot of movies I want to watch this Halloween, so it’s going to be a lot of nights in with my journal and maybe some popcorn.
Thanks for reading