The Intimidating TBR pile is everywhere at the moment and seeing as I definitely find my TBR quite intimidating I thought it would be the perfect time to share my answers to the questions.
1) What book have you been unable to finish?
I was so excited to read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern because everybody described it as the most beautiful thing they had ever read. But in all honesty I found it a little boring. I do still want to finish this I just have to get around to it, and, seeing as it’s been a year since I started it, I’ll probably have to start it again.
2) What book have you yet to read because you just haven’t had the time?
Angels and Demons is a book I’ve had for years but I just never put aside the time to read it. Other books always become a priority.
3) What book have you yet to read because it’s a sequel?
So many. All of the sequels below I have to reread the first book because I have completely forgotten what happened in them.
4) What book have you yet to read because it’s brand new?
The Crown only recently came out and I’m still waiting for my library to say they have it in. I’m number 2 on the reservation list so hopefully it won’t be long before I can finally finish the Selection series.
5) What book have you yet to read because you read a book by the same author and didn’t enjoy it?
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. I read That Summer and I really disliked it. I didn’t like the story or the writing so I’m hesitant in reading anything else by her.
6) What book have you yet to read because you’re just not in the mood for it?
Like Angels and Demons I have had The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling for so long but I am never in the mood for it. I have a feeling I’m going to find it a little boring.
7) What book have you yet to read because it’s humongous?
I have a few for this one…
8) What book have you yet to read because it was a cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?
We Are All Completely Besides Ourselves’s cover is so beautiful and it caught my eye everytime I went to the bookstore but now it seems like a lot of people have actually been disappointed by this book and when I started it I did find it a little boring. So sad.
9) What is the most intimidating book in your TBR pile?
This is such a hard question! I think I’m going to say Great Expectations. Not because I find the book itself intimidating but it will be my first real venture into Dickens’s world and if I like it a lot of big scary books are going to make their way onto my tbr like Bleak House and David Copperfield.
So those are all my answers. I have to say I am really excited about these intimidating books. I just have to build up the courage to read the 😛
Thanks for reading